Billing name is a field used to describe the category of Rent and other fees billed. It is a customizable field.
Moderan comes with several default options (Maintenance, Marketing, Parking, Rent), but you as an Admin user may customize billing categories for your company to be used further in Rental Contract/Fees.
Add a new Rent / Fee type
- Go to Admin --> Settings
- Click EDIT button
- Go to Customizing contract fields block
- Select Billing name from the Field name* drop-down
- Enter the name for your new billing fees category in the Custom options* field
- Click Add, and then click Save in the top-right corner.
Now this billing name can be used when adding fees to Rental Contract's Rent and Fees section and when adding Fees.
Editing and Deleting custom Tent / Fee types
If you want to Edit a custom fee type name, please state the details (old, new one and confirmation) in the online support сhat when logged in (bottom right corner of Moderan) or mail to email@example.com
You can Delete a custom fee type by clicking the X sign next to its name if you have not used this fee elsewhere.
A custom Rent/Fee can be deleted only if it was not used in any Contracts!
Errors: Invisible custom Rent / Fee type
Did you add a custom Rent or Fee type, but you cannot see it?
If you cannot see a new type you have entered, please check the following:
- Make sure you have clicked the Save button in the top-right corner upon adding the new type
- If you see the new fee type in Admin section, but you are not able to choose it in Rental Contract's when selecting in Billing types grid, press F5 or refresh the web page
If you need more help or have questions we are always there in the online chat (green bubble in your Moderan account's bottom right corner) or reachable via firstname.lastname@example.org